Click the link below to download a PDF created by our own Jim Feeney that describes general rallying principles. Things change, so make sure to listen carefully at Rally School! Announcements at Rally School supersede what you read here.
- Champion – for former winners of an NERC rally
- PRO Class – any car competing with a speedometer other than a stock OEM speedometer
- SOP (Seat Of the Pants) Class is any car that is running with a stock speedometer.
- ROOKIE Class is any team that has never competed in a “Great Race” style road rally.
- Safety: Fire Extinguisher, Tow Rope, First Aid Kit, Flairs or Reflective Triangles
- Speedometer can be a TimeWise Speedometer for the PRO Class but must be the OEM Stock Speedometer for the SOP Class
- No GPS. No odometers or digital timing or distance measuring equipment allowed. a single stopwatch (single split digital is OK), a small analog clock, and a analog wrist watch are all permissible.